9.04.2008

life and more life

Today was discouraging. I didn't teach the math lesson very well, and then I taught the history lesson according to the book (which was incredibly boring, in my opinion). Then the principal popped in for a surprise observation right at the end of history and watched the transition of lining up (we need to work on our line more!). When the students came back from PE this afternoon, they were extremely chatty and I raised my voice for the first time in a stern tone.

Then Trish and I went to the bank with a tica teacher to help us translate so we could open an account. I was so overwhelmed with the rapid Spanish, and I almost wanted to cry.

I know I'm exhausted from a long week of planning and preparing. I think that's the main issue here. I need to grade papers... and then sleep.

1 comment:

Ruth Watson said...

Oh Kate! I want to give you hug and walk down to El Faro's and get you a Juarrito!! Love ya!
You are doing so great!!! I have been so impressed by looking at all of your posts! Great job Kate! ...At teaching and at all the posting you are doing!