6.23.2013

Tico Family Visits

 While living in Costa Rica, I had some really patient Spanish teachers, a.k.a. Costa Rican families. I arrived in 2008 without knowing any Spanish and I truly believe it was these very patient people in my life that made it possible for me to persevere through learning their language! 
The Cabezas Ramos family.
 L to R: Rebeca, Blanca, Judit, Manuel Enrique. 
While I lived with them in 2009, they included me in everything from Sunday family dinners to visiting earthquake epicenter sites. (Note: I forgot to take a picture while I was with them so I copied the photo from Rebeca's Facebook... ¡Gracias! )

The Marin Garcia family.
Pictured: Santiago (now 4 years old!) 
Marilyn (the grandma), Natalia (the daughter), and Santiago (the grandson) were also extremely generous with their time while I lived with them in 2010 and 2011. We spent afternoons at Parque La Sabana and toured me through the city to see Christmas lights. Now Santiago is 4 and talks a mile a minute!! It was fun to play with him again. 

No comments: