6.08.2009

Final Weeks of School

I've almost survived my first year of teaching! Wow, what an accomplishment! Haha... wasn't sure I would make it, to be honest. 

But here we are in some of the final weeks of school. 9 more days to be exact. I'm tired... exhausted is more like it. There's so many things to do still though and then summer school... I'm missing the feeling during college that when you are done with finals, you are completely done. You don't have to think anymore, you can just sleep, eat your mom's food, and sleep some more. 

What's that? I have to grow up? Ha, I wouldn't say living with a family and having a mom to cook for me still would be considered "growing up". But I would definitely say I'm growing up in the sense that ... well, there's no 4 month vacation involved in this period of life. Bummer...

So I'm exhausted and stressed about teaching summer school. I need an attitude adjustment and rest; There, Mom, I can prescribe myself! (She never thought that day would come... and probably still wonders if that day has come!) Pray for peace and contentment as I experience this time of transition.

On a more cheerful note, we have some fun events planned for this week. Tomorrow is a "Read-a-thon" and we're bringing pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals to get comfy with our books. I'm super excited as I will be reading Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes to the 4th graders... and all the teachers are pulling a swap in the afternoon and we'll have another class for about an hour. I'll have the 3rd graders (in other words, my future 4th graders!) How exciting!

Then Friday we have a Field Day with games and races for everyone... I'm not quite prepared for that one yet, but I will be by Friday. 

I'll be sure to take lots of photos of both days :)

No comments: