5.26.2010

Student Smiles

Some of my favorite English bloopers this week:

ººººººº
The story problem asked how many pieces of candy each child had, and the student wrote ''30 pieces of candy has each child.'' I imagine 30 gigantic pieces of candy with arms and legs running down the street after a little kid!! lol

ººººººº
A student wrote in her writing journal about how she has the best teacher in the whole world. She went on to describe how much she has learned this year and how much fun she has had. The only problem was that she spelled best ''B E A S T''. So I am the beast teacher ever. lol




Some of my favorite antonyms today:

ººººººº
A girl was brainstorming an antonym for different foods, and when I said ''What about ketchup?'' she said, ''Mayonnaise!!'' That's a classic tico opposite for you that they put on everything (actually probably more like synonyms since ketchup and mayo go on together!)... I was thinking mustard, the classic gringo condiment that goes with ketchup.

ººººººº
A boy was brainstorming antonyms to add to our ''graffiti wall'' and his first response was, ''Reading and playing!!'' I have worked very hard to encourage him in his reading this year, so I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry!!

No comments: