6.04.2011

Pupusas from the Feria!

Last night, Marilyn, her two friends Ana and Lia, and I all had cravings for pupusas. So we went in search of them... only to find the two restaurants we know of that sell them were closed for the night! We settled for a hot dog place called Perro Loco (I had the Canadian hot dog loaded with cheese, YUM!), and then today Marilyn continued her search while buying fruits and vegetables at the feria. She brought home pupusas stuffed with chicharron (there's no word for this in English??), refried beans, and cheese. And don't forget the pickled cabbage on top.

Dad, this might give you a flashback to when you were in El Salvador! :) Pupusas are typical in El Salvador but have become more popular throughout Central America. I love a good pupusa! :)

So I've been thinking... do I continue this blog after I go back to the U.S.? I mean, I won't be living any Costa Rican adventures anymore, as the title says... So maybe I'll have to do a cultural food blog, lol. Or a teaching disasters blog, lol. Or a what-it's-like-to-live-closer-to-family blog. I'm sure to still have interesting stories... :)

1 comment:

K Siscoe said...

Yes I remember having a papusa! We made them here also! Make me one soon! Love ya! Dad