7.28.2010

Sonshine Music Festival

While at home stateside, I ventured to Minnesota with the First Baptist youth group (and my family minus Wes) to take in the sights and sounds of the Sonshine music festival in Willmar. We tent-camped and sweat a lot :)
Kallie and I enjoying the morning trip to the Mississippi River.
Where the Mississippi starts! It was surreal to see the exact place where the looooong river begins.

The whole group! I think there were about 50 kids... crazy Justin (the youth pastor) taking lots of teenagers!!

Lisa trying not to get wet on our Mississippi River hike, haha.

an idea of our intense tent-camping, along with the other 20,000 Sonshine attendees

I had recently invested in henna powder, a common product of the Middle East to create stains on the skin that wash off in a few weeks. I enjoyed connecting with the teens by giving them ''temporary tattoos.'' Here Hannah wanted ''love and life pass very quickly'' in Spanish to remind her that she needs to live in the moment and not always worry about the future.

I think Justin (the youth pastor) spent a total of 30ish hours behind this wheel of the church's charter bus in our 7 days of travel. Thankfully, we made it home safely!!

No comments: