7.28.2010

Illinois Fun

I had a good last week in Illinois, despite continuing health concerns and the occasional emotional breakdown about returning to Costa Rica :) (don't worry, I'll be fine!).

Kallie and I had a blast doing her senior portraits! I did Wes's photos when he was a senior, so Kallie and I continued the tradition. This is my personal favorite :). Two more years until I'll do Austin's!
David, Austin, Kallie, Erin, and I enjoyed a picnic at Johnson's Park. It was Austin's idea and a great one at that! I made patty melt sandwiches inspired by Steak and Shake's sourdough melt, and David brought amazing brownies with peanut butter frosting... we were in food heaven. Lunch was followed by a loooong game of Apples to Apples before us girls declared naptime while the boys wandered around the park. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.
and Erin in action with her Nikon. Our Nikons are friends :).
I found this photo on my camera, haha. Thanks Mom for capturing how well Austin and Kallie get along these days :).
My Costa Rican friend Yoji is now doing graduate work in St. Louis, so he came to Kewanee for a day.

and the night before I flew out of O´Hare, I joined Judson friends for a time of trading stories.

Front Row: Christina (I often stay with her and her husband at their apartment in Elgin), Sean (living in Michigan, graphic designer), me.

Back row: Marc (living in Venezuela, teacher, married to Amy), Dave (living in Indonesia, teacher, musician, married to Tiffany), Tiffany (one of my Judson roommates, living in Indonesia, teacher, artist, married to Dave), Amy (living  in Venezuela, teacher, married to Marc), Ian (living in Elgin, youth pastor), Aaron (living in Elgin, graphic designer, married to Maria who was in Nicaragua that day)

All in all, it was a good visit back to the States. Thank you to all who follow this blog, to family and friends, for opening your hearts and homes to me once again! I'm already excited to see you at Christmas :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I know it's been a while, but I am catching up with your blog. You take fantastic pictures and I love your stories! Blessings to you my dear!