8.14.2009

La Judit En Chicago



My tica sister (aka Costa Rican friend) Judit came to visit for a week in Chicago. What a great opportunity to show her where I am from, to speak Spanish, and to continue to build a lasting friendship!
Judit in Union Station... the high ceilings aren't common in CR so she was fascinated.
A sweet shot I got while riding on the Loop 15 feet above Chicago downtown streets. We rode the "El" (aka Loop) full-circle twice for 25cents and were really excited about the photos we got.
Judit waiting for the El. I was super excited about this shot as I used a slow shutter speed to capture the movement of the train.
A classic, the "Bean" in Millennium Park. I am pretty sure this is the most photographed object in Chicago history... if not world history.

Judit had gone to the grocery store at 6:15... and we started getting worried when she hadn't returned by 7:30... turns out she was enjoying the many parks in the area and watching kids play in a fountain. Christina went out riding on the bike to find her.

We went on an Architecture Boat Tour on the Chicago River. We learned so much about the city! Here's a photo of the Sears Tower... excuse me, Willis Tower, and it's tall neighbors.
One of my all-time favorite works of Georgia O'Keefe. I introduced Judit to the Chicago Institute of Art and of course I had to introduce her to Georgia as well. This is called Blue & Green Music and she was studying the theories of Kandinsky from Russia when she decided to try out his ideas and paint to music... this is what she came up with. If you're able to read music, you just might be able to read this painting :).
Judit and I at the Art Institute.
Rosie came to join us for a day in Chicago. It was great to introduce Judit to some of my good friends along the way!

I also introduced Judit to some of my favorite forest reserves in the Elgin area...
and my favorite siloes...
The family also came with us for a day downtown! We went to Shedd Aquarium and walked 4 miles in one day :)
Judit and I also got a top notch view of the city from the ferris wheel... I had ridden it before, but I got really scared on the way up!
And after a week of walking a lot every day (probably between 2-5 miles every day), Judit's poor feet were looking forward to different shoes... The only pair she could stand by the end of the week were her flip flops, but she even had blisters in between her toes from the strap! We bought a daily box of Band-Aids to help out with this problem.

No comments: