2.16.2011

I'm a Bad Blogger and I Know It

Okay, you don't need to tell me. Yes, I know. You feel left out of my Costa Rican life and would really like to know what's up.

Haha, that's a narcissist statement if I ever heard one! While I haven't updated in over 2 weeks, I also know your lives don't revolve around mine :)

That said, life has been crazy here. I flew to back to Costa Rica Feb. 5th after two necessary weeks at home with family. The summary of my last 12 days can be summed up in what my nerdy teacher self would call a phrasal verb: catch up. From whirlwind review with fractions and hydrosphere units to grading endless mountains of papers to hearing from students all the substitute injustices they experienced to long spanish conversations... I've just pretty much been exhausted after 7pm every night... with more papers to still grade. BAH

I had joined a gym for a month before the family emergency, so now that I'm back, I'm putting it to good use. From the elliptical to the taebo/pilates classes, I am enjoying the emotional outlet. Could be why I'm so tired after 7pm :)

Also, through a connection my tico family has, I got a translation job writing English subtitles for a destination travel TV show. Random, I know, it just kind of came out of nowhere. But hey, they're paying me to study Spanish, so for now, it's working out.

So that's a summary. Busy.

Students have expressed their gratitude that I am back. It's good to be appreciated :) and I've received so many compliments about my fraction-teaching skills, haha. ''Miss Siscoe, you're so much better at this than the subs were!'' ''Math goes by so much faster when you're here!'' Just what a busy teacher needs to hear.

So with that, I'm off to bed. Again, I apologize for the lack of posting... I have photos of tico family adventures to post soon!

1 comment:

K Siscoe said...

Good daughter no matter how many blogs you post...I'm thinking! Love ya!