3.17.2010

Top Excuses for Not Blogging

1. I get distracted Facebook stalking. I love looking through people's photo albums. Not sure if it's actually a stalker impulse or just a curiosity.

2. I love checking my email and reading your emails :). Then it takes me a long time to reply because I somehow get distracted by other things.

3. I am busy. I know, that's a lame line, but seriously. Here's my weekly schedule:
Monday: School 7:30 to 2:30, Plan 2:30 to 5, Pilates 6:30 to 8
Tuesday: School 7:30 to 2:30, Teacher Meeting 2:30 to 4, Bible study 7-9
Wednesday: School 7:30 to 2:30, Tutor ELL 3 to 4, Tutor Art 4 to 5, Pilates 6:30 to 8
Thursday: School 7:30 to 2:30, Spanish Class 3 to 4, relax evening
Friday: School 7:30 to 2:30, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend :)

And somehow, in between all that, I am working with the play again this year coordinating sets, costumes, etc. Thankfully I have delegated more this year so I don't have as much responsibility as last year.

4. I still have to study Spanish. Yes, I passed the test, and yes, I can converse, but there's more to learn. Always.

5. I am planning camping field trips. You read that right. CAMPING FIELD TRIPS. My students' New Year's resolution was to go on an awesome field trip. We brainstormed everything from China to Chicago to ziplining to camping. And somehow camping won. The dates are set for April 22nd and 23rd, we have a cabin and tents, we're planning for a bonfire and no electricity and hiking. I have like 5 or 6 parents and our principal helping us... I think I'm in over my head with this one... but it's too late, the kids are sooooooooooooooooooo excited.

6. To raise money for the field trip, I am facilitating lemonade fundraisers. Making 6 gallons of lemonade is no small feat for 11 hyper 4th graders, not to mention counting change in colones when our curriculum only involves change in dollars. Today was our first attempt at a lemonade stand at lunch and after school and we earned c30,000, a.k.a. $60!!!! ¡Fue exitoso!

7. Tricia and I debrief at the end of the day... at 8 or 9pm, so after talking, sleeping wins out over blogging.

8. I haven't felt very inspired lately. Life is full and routine right now, so I don't feel like I have great or inspiring stories to share... But there are upcoming adventures. This weekend we're traveling to Dominical, a beach south of Manuel Antonio, to visit our friend Jared who studied at the Institute last summer during the intensive course. We are excited to see what he's up to there. Also, Semana Santa (Holy Week) is coming in just 10 days and we are travelling to Panama! Lots of stories to come from that, I'm sure! :)

9. I might be standing in line at the bank. Seriously. The ATM is always a long line. The inside of the bank is even longer. I had to go inside the bank yesterday to withdraw coins for our lemonade fundraiser, and after waiting in line THIRTY minutes, the bank teller told me the bank didn't have coins. I asked how a bank doesn't have coins and she shrugged and told me again that they just didn't have coins and she could give me the amount in bills. I asked where I should go to get coins and she asked what I needed them for. I described the fundraiser (while wondering why I needed to justify why I wanted coins) and then she leaned over to the bank teller next to her and asked him if he had coins. Turns out the bank had coins and she just didn't want to help me or something.... seriously, sometimes I wonder why some ticos treat me that way, as if they don't want to help me.

9. I might be cooking. I love using all our fresh veggies and fruits to create new options. Trish is equally if not a more inspiring cook and we take turns.

10. I am easily distracte.................................

No comments: