3.25.2010

Ready to Laugh??

Have you ever had an experience that you just couldn't laugh about in the moment? Like it was so traumatic or embarassing or scary that there was absolutely no way you could enjoy it... yeah, I had one of those moments last fall.


I officially arrived at a place today where I could laugh about what happened. I saw these photos and bust out laughing...



What had happened was a night battle with mosquitoes... and they obviously won. Too bad the battleground was my face or I probably wouldn't have cared. In the second photo, you can see another bite on my cheek if you look carefully. I also had 2 or 3 bites in my eyebrows and on my forehead. In the last photo, you can see in the corner of my eye where the actual mosquito bite was... but my eye swelled up like that for 3 days! Of course it was in the middle of the week, so I went to school and taught with a swollen eye. My students would laugh at me... but I almost started crying because I was so self-conscious!

A few days ago, a student was complaining about how itchy and swollen a mosquito bite was on her hand. All I had to say was, ''At least it's not on your eye,'' and she started laughing.
Laugh away. Thank goodness I look normal now.



No comments: