10.16.2009

¡Que Chapa Soy!

I literally just walked in the door from the grocery store and I HAVE to tell you this.

Tonight I am hosting a pancake dinner with gringo friends here at the house, so I went to the supermarket as soon as I got home from school. Bueno, not exactly the ''supermarket'' but the chain vendor down the street.

So I'm carrying around my little metal basket (very similar to the shopping baskets in the States), and I have it filled to the brim with pancake mix, syrup, eggs, and all the fixings. I'm looking for chocolate of any sort that we can break up into ''chocolate chips'', and well, I'm not exactly paying attention to where I am going. As I turned a corner, the edge of my basket caught the edge of a display of candy... and you can imagine what happened from there. Everything (Hear me, EVERYTHING) came crashing down, and I was standing there turning bright red and trying to find words to say (in Spanish too!!)... Two employees jump on the scene and were chuckling to themselves as I gathered my words enough to say, ''¡Que vergüenza! ¡Que chapa soy!'' (''How embarassing! I'm so clumsy!'')... I said my apologies and they were still chuckling...




Another laughing moment today was when a student noticed a hole in my shoe and could see my toes... she said, ''Miss Siscoe, your toes look a lot like fingers!''... I have heard that so many times in my lifetime, and gee, even my students notice that. Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

K Siscoe said...

Your welcome!
Love ya even when clumsy!
Dad